Friday, February 26, 2010

My Cichlids

Cichlids are nasty, plain and simple. You need to prepare for them, you can’t just throw them in a tank and expect them to get along, that won’t happen. There is so much to know about them.

I have owned many cichlids. Right now in my 75 gallon tank I have a Parrot fish named Charlie who is in a tank with a huge pleco and Tinfoil Barbs, my other 75 gallon tank has baby convict fry, I’ve raised them from birth and there starting to get nasty. I put in some rock work for them to hide out in. In another tank I have Tropical Fish.

I love my parrot fish Charlie, he is my favorite. Usually they are shy and skittish but mine is always on the go, swimming around. He even lets me feed him. He will take pellets from my hand. He is in with Tinfoil Barbs and they can really move fast when I feed them so I feed Charlie my hand so he gets food too, he is slower at feeding time.

My convicts are so much fun to watch, they are a blast. There is SO many of them. I’m going to have to sell a few for sure but for now it’s working out. So far I have only lost three. They are starting to look like fish now. They are just so tiny as babies.

At night what I like to do is relax in bed and watch my fish, it is so relaxing. I sometimes just turn the lights out and watch them. I don't know why but it truly does help relieve stress. I love watching my Parrot Fish Charlie, just swimming around. He jets all over the place. And the Tinfoil Barbs keep it nice and livley. That is my favorite tank to watch.

No comments: